Hindi to English Translation Practice: Day 1

Hindi to English Translation Practice: 13 Everyday Sentences

Want to improve your English speaking and translation skills? Try this simple exercise.

Below are 13 Hindi sentences. Before checking the answers, try translating each sentence into English yourself. ✍️

Tip: Don't scroll down immediately! Give yourself a few seconds to think about the correct English sentence.


Try to Translate These Sentences

  1. मैं रोज सुबह जल्दी उठती हूँ।

  2. हम रोज शाम को पार्क में टहलते हैं।

  3. बच्चे बाहर खेल रहे हैं।

  4. अगर तुम रोज अभ्यास करोगी तो तुम्हारी अंग्रेज़ी धीरे-धीरे बेहतर हो जाएगी।

  5. मैं पिछले कुछ दिनों से अपनी अंग्रेज़ी बोलने की क्षमता सुधारने की कोशिश कर रही हूँ।

  6. जब मैं छोटी थी तब मुझे लोगों के सामने बोलने से डर लगता था।

  7. उसने मुझे बताया कि वह अगले महीने नई नौकरी शुरू करने वाली है।

  8. अगर मेरे पास पर्याप्त समय होता तो मैं हर दिन एक घंटे अंग्रेज़ी पढ़ती।

  9. मैंने उसे कई बार फोन किया लेकिन उसने मेरा फोन नहीं उठाया।

  10. काम पूरा करने के बाद मैं थोड़ी देर आराम करना चाहती हूँ।

  11. मुझे लगता है कि नई चीज़ें सीखने के लिए गलतियाँ करना ज़रूरी है।

  12. वह इतनी व्यस्त थी कि उसे खाना खाने का भी समय नहीं मिला।

  13. मैं अभी अपनी वर्तमान नौकरी के साथ-साथ नए स्किल्स सीख रही हूँ।


Stop Here and Try Yourself!

Have you translated all 13 sentences?

If yes, great! 🎉

Now scroll down to check your answers and compare your English with the correct sentences.


English Answers

1. मैं रोज सुबह जल्दी उठती हूँ।

I wake up early every morning.


2. हम रोज शाम को पार्क में टहलते हैं।

We go for a walk in the park every evening.


3. बच्चे बाहर खेल रहे हैं।

The children are playing outside.


4. अगर तुम रोज अभ्यास करोगी तो तुम्हारी अंग्रेज़ी धीरे-धीरे बेहतर हो जाएगी।

If you practice English every day, your English will gradually improve.


5. मैं पिछले कुछ दिनों से अपनी अंग्रेज़ी बोलने की क्षमता सुधारने की कोशिश कर रही हूँ।

I have been trying to improve my English speaking skills for the past few days.


6. जब मैं छोटी थी तब मुझे लोगों के सामने बोलने से डर लगता था।

When I was young, I was afraid to speak in front of people.


7. उसने मुझे बताया कि वह अगले महीने नई नौकरी शुरू करने वाली है।

She told me that she would start a new job the following month.


8. अगर मेरे पास पर्याप्त समय होता तो मैं हर दिन एक घंटे अंग्रेज़ी पढ़ती।

If I had enough time, I would study English every day for an hour.


9. मैंने उसे कई बार फोन किया लेकिन उसने मेरा फोन नहीं उठाया।

I called her several times, but she didn't answer my calls.


10. काम पूरा करने के बाद मैं थोड़ी देर आराम करना चाहती हूँ।

After finishing my work, I want to get some rest.


11. मुझे लगता है कि नई चीज़ें सीखने के लिए गलतियाँ करना ज़रूरी है।

I think making mistakes is necessary for learning new things.


12. वह इतनी व्यस्त थी कि उसे खाना खाने का भी समय नहीं मिला।

She was so busy that she didn't even have time to eat.


13. मैं अभी अपनी वर्तमान नौकरी के साथ-साथ नए स्किल्स सीख रही हूँ।

I am currently learning new skills while working at my current job.


💡 What You Can Learn From These Sentences

These sentences help you practice several important English grammar structures:

  • Simple Present: I wake up early every morning.

  • Present Continuous: The children are playing outside.

  • Present Perfect Continuous: I have been trying to improve...

  • Past Simple: I called her several times.

  • Past Continuous / State: I was afraid...

  • Conditional sentences: If I had enough time, I would...

  • Reported speech: She told me that she would...

  • After + -ing: After finishing my work...

  • So...that: She was so busy that...

Practice Challenge

Don't just read the answers. Say each English sentence aloud 2–3 times.

Then try to create one new sentence using the same grammar pattern.

For example:

If I had enough time, I would study English every day.

You can create:

If I had more free time, I would read English books every day.

The more you practice, the more naturally English sentences will come to you.

Keep practicing, keep making mistakes, and keep improving! 🌱